Forgotten RAM ID Password
This option is for users who have forgotten their RAM ID password and need to manually reset it.
- Click on "New to RAM ID? Forgot Password?" button.
- Enter RAM ID Username.
- Students: Your username is the same as your "Student ID number".
Student Format: W00000001, @00000001, etc.
- Faculty/Staff: Your username is the same as your "Network Login ID".
Faculty/Staff Format: jsmith
NOTE: Faculty/Staff will be required to check the "I am Staff/Faculty" checkbox.
Choose your “Authentication Type“ and enter requested answer:
- 1 Challenge Answer, which will use your previously enrolled Challenge Answers.
- “One-Time Password” (OTP), which will send a message to either your (registered) mobile device or personal email.
Once the user’s identity has been verified either by answering Challenge Question or via OTP, the user will be prompted to set a new password.
Please note the following requirements for passwords:
- Your password must be at least 8 and no more than 32 characters
- You cannot reuse any of the last 2 passwords used at CCSF
- Your password cannot contain any part of your name or username
- Your password must have at least 1 numeric character
- If you enter your RAM ID then select “New to RAM ID? Forgot Password?” button but are not able to select “Continue” or get an error stating “Bad Request Type,” you will need to contact the Help Desk @ (415) 239-3711 (Option 5).
- Users will need to confirm their Student/Employee ID, Day of Birth, and 2 digit SSN when contacting HelpDesk.